We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching and comparing Fret Dressing Tools of all specifications to find the best one for any need (or budget). Here are the results.
The Best Fret Dressing Tools of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed
2,011 Reviews Scanned
- THE FIRST THING A PLAYER FEELS ARE FRET ENDS - so always shape them with this file. Smooth, non-marring edges glide on the fingerboard while the fine-toothed sides deburr and round the fret.
- FOR ROUNDING, SHAPING, AND DEBURRING - This specialized file dresses the ends of the frets after they've been installed, trimmed flush and beveled.
- IMPROVE PLAYABILITY - Removes snags and burrs to make the neck feel smooth for great playability
- FILE DIMENSIONS - .062" x .125" x 6", with 3" cutting surfaces
- WORKS ON STAINLESS STEEL FRETS TOO! - All of our tools are suitable for use on stainless-steel fretwire, with the exception of our Fret Tang Nippers
- This is the 3rd generation Baroque fret crowning file that upgrade with deeper grooves and finer grits.
- Made by high quality carbon steel&coating with diamond grits. Concave in center design makes it very efficient&time saving for crowning the fret.
- 3 in 1 size:The file has 3 different sizes grooves.The small slot is use for Ukulele fret.Medium slot is use for normal Guitar/Bass fret which for most regular use.Large slot is use for Jumbo frets.
- Wood handle for convenient and comfortable use.Packed with individual Nylon Oxford Bag,very portable.
- [PLEASE NOTE]: To get a smooth and shinny frets, please use Baroque fret eraser to polish frets after using this file.You will SAVE 10% on Baroque fret erasers when you buy Baroque fret file and erasers together from Robel Tech.Please check "Special offers for this item/Special offers and product promotions" for more promotion details.
- STOP FRET SPROUT! - Don't let fret sprout stop you from playing your favorite guitar—this kit has everything you need to fix it yourself
- SAVE MONEY BY FIXING THIS COMMON ISSUE YOURSELF - When dry weather comes around, your fretboard can shrink and the fret ends poke out—this is a very common repair that comes around with every change of seasons
- GREAT START TO PERSONAL GUITAR REPAIR - What a great way to get your feet wet with guitar repair, and work on your frets like a pro
- FIX MORE THAN JUST FRET ISSUES - This set not only works for taming seasonal fret sprout, you can use it year round for polishing your frets, and even to touch up scratches in your finish and pickguard
- THIS SET INCLUDES: StewMac Fingerboard Guards (1 set of 6), 1 Fret End Dressing File, Micro-Mesh Soft Touch Pads (set of 9 grits), and a Micro-Mesh Touch Up Stick
- This bevel file tool will give your fret ends a uniform 35-degree bevel.
- Sturdy construction from milled oak, double-cut mill file for fast material removal.
- The length of this tool and file is 6", a perfect size for both larger and smaller instruments.
- All edges are carefully rounded for user comfort, and rounded grooves are routed into the sides to help with grip.
- Professional finished look and with proper additional smoothing & polishing, making them much easier on the player's hands.
- The most advanced and precision fret end dressing file available - designed from the ground up specifically for fret ends - this is your most effective weapon in the battle against sharp fret ends, " fret sprout ", and a must-have for a smoother, faster playing guitar that inspires you to play more often.
- For details and a video on how to use the file, go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hti5s8LP9A . This shows the old, original file, but the technique is the same.
- Precision flat ground, diamond honed and polished bottom - so the file glides across your fingerboard without scuffing the wood, finish or binding. We've teamed up with one of Europe's oldest and most respected file makers to help us create this finely crafted file, then we put the finishing touches and final diamond hone and polish here in our shop. Definitely NOT made in China.
- Top of file has a smooth, safe ground edge, and the upper corners and tip are completely rounded and beveled to prevent damage to your fretboard and guitar. Also comes with a top quality, made in USA hardwood handle that feels comfortable in your hand, and takes the pain out of working on your frets.
- Innovative Double Ski-Tip design, to protect your guitar top from scratches and dings.
- Product Name: Fret File; Total Length: 9.3"; Wooden Part Length: 3.8"; File Part Length: 5.5".
- 3 Different size edges prevents damage to fingerboard.
- Wooden handle design for convenient and comfortable to use.
- An amazing fret file dressing tool, widely used in electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, ukulele, and other musical instruments.
- Excellent service, superior quality, fast delivery. We do make best effort to provide customers 100% satisfaction.
- 【Professional Guitar Luthier Tool Set】Package included 1 x guitar fret crowning file, 2 x fingerboard guard, 1 x guitar fret rocker leveling, 2 x grinding stone and 1 x storage bag. Great for Luthier, String Instruments User, Guitar, DIY for many fret works.
- 【3-in-1 Fret File】Guitar fret crowning dressing file is made of high quality carbon steel and wooden handle for comfortable holding. The crowning file is equiped with narrow, medium and wide (1mm/2mm/3mm) 3 different edges, fits most fret specification, 3 corner file, convenient to use.
- 【Fret Rocker】Made of stainless steel and has 4 flat and straight edges, which can help your to detect any discrepancy existing in frets height.
- 【Fingerboard Guard & Grinding Stone】Designed to protect your guitar or bass fretboard from scratching or damaging while filing and polishing.
- 【Application】Safe way to polish and clean guitar frets; Suitable for stringed musical instruments such as Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Ukuleles, Banjo, Mandolin, etc.
- guitar fingerboard guards Perfect for guitar, bass, ukulele, mandolin, banjo.
- fret crowning kit Comfortable to hold in hand.
- fret repairing tools Without sharp angles, it can clean guitar frets well without hurting the frets.
- fret dressing tools Good helper for bass guitar players, also for other metal polishing.
- guitar fret polishing tool Guitar Care and Cleaning Tool Metal File for Guitar Frets with Diamond Abrasives.
- Hosco Japan TL-FE2 Fret Dressing File forMedium frets
- Ships From USA
- QUALITY FRET CROWNING FILE - the guitar fret file is constructed with heavy duty stainless steel for durability; a layer of rubber wrapped on the end for comforable grip
- 3 EDGES OF DIFFERENT SIZES - the crowning file is equiped with narrow, medium and wide groove, fits most fret specification, 3 corner file, very convenient to use
- COMPATIBALE With- Not only suitable for crowning guitar fret, but for electric guitar, acoustic guitar ,bass, Ukulele etc; a nice simple way for crowning frets if they are worn
- MEASUREMENTS - the fret crowning measures approx 19.5cm/7.68" in total length, the sliver file part approx 8.5cm/3.35"long and the black rubber part approx 11cm/4.33"; weighs approx 135g
- A MUST HAVE- this dressing file is a very handy tool to make your fretwork more effective and time-saving effort, a great addition to your guitar maintainence kit; good gift for guitar players
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Product Titles, Images and Descriptions from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top Rated Fret Dressing Tools to Buy Now
Why You Should Buy Best Fret Dressing Tools from Amazon
Amazon is not the only store that sell Fret Dressing Tools. However, there are several compelling reasons why you should buy Fret Dressing Tools from them, with the suitable Price and Reviews. Here are five:
(1) Amazon Makes Shopping Fret Dressing Tools Personal
Amazon is very good at making recommendations of Fret Dressing Tools based on your search history. From time to time, they will even show you discounted prices on Fret Dressing Tools that you previously expressed an interest in. They also make your shopping experience a little easier by showing you items that you recently viewed.
(2) Amazon Checkout is Easy
Amazon checkout is easy, especially if you already have an account. You can add Fret Dressing Tools to your cart and go through a multi-step checkout process, or you can buy Fret Dressing Tools with only one click by using your stored credit card information.
(3) Amazon Has Lots of Social Proof
Before you make a purchase for Fret Dressing Tools, you want to know that the company you are dealing with is legitimate and that others trust the company enough to make a purchase. You may also like to read what others are saying about the product in the review section. Amazon does all of this quite well.
(4) Amazon Has Great Fret Dressing Tools Images and Descriptions
In addition to still images, many of Amazon’s Fret Dressing Tools have videos. This makes it easier for you to see exactly what you are purchasing. Amazon’s Fret Dressing Tools descriptions are also quite good. In many cases, Amazon repeats the descriptions furnished by the manufacturer. In other cases, they write their own.
(5) The Amazon Site is Easy to Navigate
Navigating the Amazon site is easy. Even though the site is huge, you will not feel overwhelmed when searching for Fret Dressing Tools. This is partly due to Amazon’s filtering process. You can search for items by brand, price or user rating. You can also search for specific features.
How to Choose the Best Fret Dressing Tools (with Price and Reviews)
Although most Fret Dressing Tools are similar, there are several differences worth noting. Here are nine criteria to consider when choosing an Fret Dressing Tools:
(1) Fret Dressing Tools Price and Reviews
Although price is not the only factor to consider, it is nevertheless extremely important. The price of an Fret Dressing Tools should be in line with its value. You can compare Fret Dressing Tools reviews to make sure you are getting a fair price. This is easy to do on Amazon.
The demand for a particular Fret Dressing Tools is a good indication of its ability to perform the functions for which it was designed. If a product has been around for a while and still has a high demand, it is likely a good product.
Fret Dressing Tools materials differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Consider where and how you will be using your Fret Dressing Tools to determine if one material would be better than another.
Like most products, Fret Dressing Toolss come in various sizes. Do you need a large Fret Dressing Toolsor a small one? Think about where you will use your Fret Dressing Tools in order to determine the best size. You can also read the customer reviews on Amazon to see what others are saying about the size of the unit they purchased.
Fret Dressing Toolss also come in a variety of colors. Do you need a particular color? You should also consider whether the color of your Fret Dressing Tools would have any effect on the efficiency of its operation.
The durability of an Fret Dressing Tools will be contingent on the materials used as well as the quality of the manufacturing process. Additionally, the type of Fret Dressing Tools you purchase may affect its durability.
Will you need to store your Fret Dressing Tools? If so, you should consider the size and weight of the Fret Dressing Toolsto make sure that it can be stored properly. Also, give some consideration to the type of climate in which your Fret Dressing Tools will be stored.
(8) Customer Ratings
Customer rating is one of the best criteria for choosing an Fret Dressing Tools. It is hard to know exactly how an Fret Dressing Tools will perform until you get it home and try it out.
Make sure the Fret Dressing Tools you are considering is backed by a good manufacturer’s warranty. If it isn’t, you might be better off with another ones.