We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching and comparing Fret Dressing Tools of all specifications to find the best one for any need (or budget). Here are the results.
The Best Fret Dressing Tools of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed
2,009 Reviews Scanned
- The most advanced and precision fret end dressing file available - designed from the ground up specifically for fret ends - this is your most effective weapon in the battle against sharp fret ends, " fret sprout ", and a must-have for a smoother, faster playing guitar that inspires you to play more often.
- Precision flat ground, diamond honed and polished bottom - so the file glides across your fingerboard without scuffing the wood, finish or binding. We've teamed up with one of Europe's oldest and most respected file makers to help us create this finely crafted file, then we put the finishing touches and final diamond hone and polish here in our shop. Definitely NOT made in China.
- Top of file has a smooth, safe ground edge, and the upper corners and tip are completely rounded and beveled to prevent damage to your fretboard and guitar. Also comes with a top quality, made in USA hardwood handle that feels comfortable in your hand, and takes the pain out of working on your frets.
- Innovative Double Ski-Tip design, to protect your guitar top from scratches and dings.
- Fine fret file with block between a certain degree of inclination just polished at the edge of the product gradient to protect your loved ones.
- Double-cut mill file for fast material removal, Larger size good for beveling the entire neck at once. Size:150mm(5.9"")x60mm(2.36"")x30mm(1.18"")
- 90-degree right-angle file for initial smoothing and flush-filing.
- 35-degree angled bevel file for perfectly beveling fret ends before final dressing.
- File: Material High Carbon Steel, hardness 60, durable; files are easily removed and replaced.
- FIX SHARP FRET ENDS SAFELY - Smooth, non-marring edges glide on the fingerboard while the fine-toothed sides deburr and round the fret.
- FOR ROUNDING, SHAPING, AND DEBURRING - This specialized file dresses the ends of the frets after they've been installed, trimmed flush and beveled.
- IMPROVE PLAYABILITY - Removes snags and burrs to make the neck feel smooth for great playability.
- FILE DIMENSIONS - .062" x .125" x 6", with 3" cutting surfaces
- BUILT TO LAST A LIFETIME- StewMac products are built to last a lifetime. Our promise to you is simple, if any of our products ever wear out, break, or fail to meet your every expectation, simply return it for a replacement.
- This is the 3rd generation Baroque fret crowning file that upgrade with more suited grooves and finer grits.
- High quality carbon steel body, and coating with diamond grits on 3 grooves. makes it very efficient & time saving for dressing the fret.
- The file has 3 different sizes grooves.The small slot is use for Ukulele fret.Medium slot is use for normal Guitar/Bass fret which for most regular use.Large slot is use for Jumbo frets.
- Sapele wood handle for durable and comfortable use.Packed with individual Nylon Oxford Bag,very portable.
- Use with baroque fret erasers makes the frets very very smooth.
- This is the 3rd generation Baroque fret crowning file that upgrade with deeper grooves and finer grits.
- Made by high quality carbon steel&coating with diamond grits. Concave in center design makes it very efficient&time saving for crowning the fret.
- 3 in 1 size:The file has 3 different sizes grooves.The small slot is use for Ukulele fret.Medium slot is use for normal Guitar/Bass fret which for most regular use.Large slot is use for Jumbo frets.
- Wood handle for convenient and comfortable use.Packed with individual Nylon Oxford Bag,very portable.
- [PLEASE NOTE]: To get a smooth and shinny frets, please use Baroque fret eraser to polish frets after using this file.You will SAVE 10% on Baroque fret erasers when you buy Baroque fret file and erasers together from Robel Tech.Please check "Special offers for this item/Special offers and product promotions" for more promotion details.
- [IMPROVED]: This fret file is an improved version of 3rd generation. 0.01mm DEEPER/ 100 grit HIGHER than the original groove, which means it can better fit the frets and file marks more finely. Make your frets coronation easier and more detailed.
- [WIDELY APPLICABLE]: Baroque Fret Crowning File has three kinds of groove. 1mm for extra narrow frets, likes ukuleles; 2mm for all standard guitars, bass, banjo, mandolin, cigar box guitars; 3mm for jumbo frets. A very useful luthier tool.
- [EFFICIENT&EFFORTLESS]: High strength DIAMOND electroplating process brings a longer service life, sharper filing, and higher working efficiency. The hand shank is made of SOLID ROSEWOOD, excellent grip and smooth operations and save effort.
- [EASY TO CARRY]: An oxford bag included, not only easy to carry, but also provides excellent protection for your frets file tools. The package also includes a high-quality user guide. Please read the user guide carefully before dressing fret crown.
- [SUGGESTION]: Use with Baroque Fret Erasers makes the frets very very smooth. For all files, the grit is relatively coarse. After using the file, the fret will not be so smooth, so it needs to be polished with a higher grit fret eraser.
- Top Quality: The base is made from hard oak and the fret file made from high-carbon steel, ensuring its durable and longevity;
- 35-Degree Beveling File:The best angles to polish your guitar, The fret file is designed in double-cut mill file, easy to use;
- Size: The fret file length is 15cm(6" Inch), the base size is 17.5*6*3cm(7.5*2.3*1.18Inch);
- Our guitar file bases are carefully sanded and polished, so they look great and are comfortable to use;
- Satisfaction: ACCOCO aims to provide high-grade products and customer service to all customers. Any problems, just contact us and our after-sale team will solve your problems ASAP.
- 【Professional Guitar Luthier Tool Set】Package included 1 x guitar fret crowning file, 2 x fingerboard guard, 1 x guitar fret rocker leveling, 2 x grinding stone and 1 x storage bag. Great for Luthier, String Instruments User, Guitar, DIY for many fret works.
- 【3-in-1 Fret File】Guitar fret crowning dressing file is made of high quality carbon steel and wooden handle for comfortable holding. The crowning file is equiped with narrow, medium and wide (1mm/2mm/3mm) 3 different edges, fits most fret specification, 3 corner file, convenient to use.
- 【Fret Rocker】Made of stainless steel and has 4 flat and straight edges, which can help your to detect any discrepancy existing in frets height.
- 【Fingerboard Guard & Grinding Stone】Designed to protect your guitar or bass fretboard from scratching or damaging while filing and polishing.
- 【Application】Safe way to polish and clean guitar frets; Suitable for stringed musical instruments such as Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Ukuleles, Banjo, Mandolin, etc.
- 1.This bevel file tool will give your fret ends a uniform 35-degree bevel
- 2.Sturdy maple wood construction,double-cut mill file for fast material removal.
- 3.The length of the file is 6inch, a perfect size for both larger and smaller instruments.
- 4.All edges are carefully sanded for user convenience and a circular groove is routed inon the side to help grip easier.
- 5.Suitable for for your guitars, basses, banjos and other instruments.
- QUALITY FRET CROWNING FILE - the guitar fret file is constructed with heavy duty stainless steel for durability; a layer of rubber wrapped on the end for comforable grip
- 3 EDGES OF DIFFERENT SIZES - the crowning file is equiped with narrow, medium and wide groove, fits most fret specification, 3 corner file, very convenient to use
- COMPATIBALE With- Not only suitable for crowning guitar fret, but for electric guitar, acoustic guitar ,bass, Ukulele etc; a nice simple way for crowning frets if they are worn
- MEASUREMENTS - the fret crowning measures approx 19.5cm/7.68" in total length, the sliver file part approx 8.5cm/3.35"long and the black rubber part approx 11cm/4.33"; weighs approx 135g
- A MUST HAVE- this dressing file is a very handy tool to make your fretwork more effective and time-saving effort, a great addition to your guitar maintainence kit; good gift for guitar players
Last update on 2021-07-23 / Affiliate links / Product Titles, Images and Descriptions from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top Rated Fret Dressing Tools to Buy Now
Why You Should Buy Best Fret Dressing Tools from Amazon
Amazon is not the only store that sell Fret Dressing Tools. However, there are several compelling reasons why you should buy Fret Dressing Tools from them, with the suitable Price and Reviews. Here are five:
(1) Amazon Makes Shopping Fret Dressing Tools Personal
Amazon is very good at making recommendations of Fret Dressing Tools based on your search history. From time to time, they will even show you discounted prices on Fret Dressing Tools that you previously expressed an interest in. They also make your shopping experience a little easier by showing you items that you recently viewed.
(2) Amazon Checkout is Easy
Amazon checkout is easy, especially if you already have an account. You can add Fret Dressing Tools to your cart and go through a multi-step checkout process, or you can buy Fret Dressing Tools with only one click by using your stored credit card information.
(3) Amazon Has Lots of Social Proof
Before you make a purchase for Fret Dressing Tools, you want to know that the company you are dealing with is legitimate and that others trust the company enough to make a purchase. You may also like to read what others are saying about the product in the review section. Amazon does all of this quite well.
(4) Amazon Has Great Fret Dressing Tools Images and Descriptions
In addition to still images, many of Amazon’s Fret Dressing Tools have videos. This makes it easier for you to see exactly what you are purchasing. Amazon’s Fret Dressing Tools descriptions are also quite good. In many cases, Amazon repeats the descriptions furnished by the manufacturer. In other cases, they write their own.
(5) The Amazon Site is Easy to Navigate
Navigating the Amazon site is easy. Even though the site is huge, you will not feel overwhelmed when searching for Fret Dressing Tools. This is partly due to Amazon’s filtering process. You can search for items by brand, price or user rating. You can also search for specific features.
How to Choose the Best Fret Dressing Tools (with Price and Reviews)
Although most Fret Dressing Tools are similar, there are several differences worth noting. Here are nine criteria to consider when choosing an Fret Dressing Tools:
(1) Fret Dressing Tools Price and Reviews
Although price is not the only factor to consider, it is nevertheless extremely important. The price of an Fret Dressing Tools should be in line with its value. You can compare Fret Dressing Tools reviews to make sure you are getting a fair price. This is easy to do on Amazon.
The demand for a particular Fret Dressing Tools is a good indication of its ability to perform the functions for which it was designed. If a product has been around for a while and still has a high demand, it is likely a good product.
Fret Dressing Tools materials differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Consider where and how you will be using your Fret Dressing Tools to determine if one material would be better than another.
Like most products, Fret Dressing Toolss come in various sizes. Do you need a large Fret Dressing Toolsor a small one? Think about where you will use your Fret Dressing Tools in order to determine the best size. You can also read the customer reviews on Amazon to see what others are saying about the size of the unit they purchased.
Fret Dressing Toolss also come in a variety of colors. Do you need a particular color? You should also consider whether the color of your Fret Dressing Tools would have any effect on the efficiency of its operation.
The durability of an Fret Dressing Tools will be contingent on the materials used as well as the quality of the manufacturing process. Additionally, the type of Fret Dressing Tools you purchase may affect its durability.
Will you need to store your Fret Dressing Tools? If so, you should consider the size and weight of the Fret Dressing Toolsto make sure that it can be stored properly. Also, give some consideration to the type of climate in which your Fret Dressing Tools will be stored.
(8) Customer Ratings
Customer rating is one of the best criteria for choosing an Fret Dressing Tools. It is hard to know exactly how an Fret Dressing Tools will perform until you get it home and try it out.
Make sure the Fret Dressing Tools you are considering is backed by a good manufacturer’s warranty. If it isn’t, you might be better off with another ones.