We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching and comparing Fret Files Tools of all specifications to find the best one for any need (or budget). Here are the results.
The Best Fret Files Tools of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed
2,767 Reviews Scanned
- Diamond is the most hardness material available in the earth. Three gauges grooves on the carbon steel body and coated by large amount diamond particles, Everything is as soft as butter when face with it.It will substantially improve efficiency about guitar frets work.
- Three gauges grooves are provided in 1mm,2mm,3mm. The 1mm slot works for extra narrow frets, likes ukuleles; The 2mm slot works for all standard guitars, bass, banjo, mandolin, cigar box guitars; The 3mm slot works for jumbo frets. That means it'll work on most stringed instruments.
- Every groove's radius is designed to matches the frets' crowning radius. Fret crowning and both side of it will be synchronous reduced nearly a concentric arc if use correct action.
- The hand shank is made of solid wood: excellent grip and smooth operation. An Oxford bag included, not only convenient to carry, but also provides excellent protection for your fret tools.
- Baroque diamond abrasive way to coarse for this application, use baroque fret erasers makes the frets as smooth as buttery.
- This is the 3rd generation Baroque fret crowning file that upgrade with deeper grooves and finer grits.
- Made by high quality carbon steel&coating with diamond grits. Concave in center design makes it very efficient&time saving for dressing the fret.
- 3 in 1 size:The file has 3 different sizes grooves.The small slot is use for Ukulele fret.Medium slot is use for normal Guitar/Bass fret which for most regular use.Large slot is use for Jumbo frets.
- Wood handle for convenient and comfortable use.Packed with individual Nylon Oxford Bag,very portable.
- [PLEASE NOTE]: To get a smooth and shinny frets, please use Baroque fret eraser to polish frets after using this file.You will SAVE 10% on Baroque fret erasers when you buy Baroque fret file and erasers together from Robel Tech.Please check "Special offers for this item/Special offers and product promotions" for more promotion details.
- AVOID DEEP SCRATCHES IN YOUR FRETS and FINGERBOARD with the FretGuru file's PRECISELY SHAPED and SUPER SHARP cutting teeth AND smooth file edges, that give you TOTAL CONTROL, cutting ACCURACY and safety - which CANNOT BE MATCHED BY DIAMOND FILES
- WILL NOT RECKLESSLY remove material from the top of your FRESHLY LEVELED fret work, allowing all of your frets to remain the same exact height after you’ve leveled them. PRECISELY LEVELED AND CROWNED FRETS are the KEY FOUNDATION TO UNLEASHING the tone monster hiding within your guitar (AND making it easier to play)
- The FRETGURU EXCLUSIVE tapered DAGGER shape with finger cut-away, CREATES MORE COMFORTABLE working angle for better CONTROL and CUTTING ACCURACY - with LESS HAND FATIGUE - and PREVENTS SCRATCHES IN YOUR GUITAR by lifting your fingers away from the guitar body when working on the higher frets.
- WILL NOT GO DULL after one use, with HEAT TREATED EUROPEAN high-carbon TOOL STEEL construction. State-of-the-art design MEETS the finest OLD WORLD European craftsmanship. DEFINITELY NOT made in CHINA!
- This means FASTER and MORE PRECISE fret work AND a SWEETER SOUNDING, EASIER PLAYING GUITAR GUARANTEED.
If you’re a guitar repair professional, this means not having to work so hard for every dollar, AND many happy and satisfied guitar playing clients
- The most advanced and precision fret end dressing file available - designed from the ground up specifically for fret ends - this is your most effective weapon in the battle against sharp fret ends, " fret sprout ", and a must-have for a smoother, faster playing guitar that inspires you to play more often.
- For details and a video on how to use the file, go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hti5s8LP9A . This shows the old, original file, but the technique is the same.
- Precision flat ground, diamond honed and polished bottom - so the file glides across your fingerboard without scuffing the wood, finish or binding. We've teamed up with one of Europe's oldest and most respected file makers to help us create this finely crafted file, then we put the finishing touches and final diamond hone and polish here in our shop. Definitely NOT made in China.
- Top of file has a smooth, safe ground edge, and the upper corners and tip are completely rounded and beveled to prevent damage to your fretboard and guitar. Also comes with a top quality, made in USA hardwood handle that feels comfortable in your hand, and takes the pain out of working on your frets.
- Innovative Double Ski-Tip design, to protect your guitar top from scratches and dings.
- Package Includes: 1 piece guitar fret crowning luthier file, 1 piece guitar fret leveling beam, 2 pieces guitar fingerboard guards and 1 piece portable storage bag.
- Guitar Fret Leveling Beam: made of aluminum alloy material, rust-proof, strong and fine workmanship, with self-adhesive sandpaper strip on four sides (400, 600, 1000, 1200 grit), which can meet your different polishing needs.
- Guitar Fret Crowning Luthier File: made of stainless steel, with 10cm long filing surface and ergonomic rubber handle for comfortable holding.
- Guitar Fingerboard Guard Protectors: protecting your guitar or bass fretboard from scratching or damaging while filing and polishing.
- You Deserve To Have: a great addition to your guitar maintainence kit for sanding or polishing. Ideal gift for most guitarists, bass players, luthiers.
- Made of Stainless Steel and with rubber handle, very efficient and time saving for dressing the fret wire.
- With same filing size on both 2 edges, narrow fret crowning file after leveling.
- With 4 inches for filing surface ,3.2 inches for rubber handle. And the width of filing slot is 0.12 inches.
- Fit for most fret specification on the markets such as electric guitar, acoustic guitar ,bass, Ukulele etc.
- Size: 7.1*0.6*0.2 inch; Weight: 3.4 oz
- Guitar Luthier Tool set Includes - 1 x guitar fret crowning file, 2 x fingerboard guard and 1 x guitar fret rocker leveling,2 x Grinding Stone, Suitable for Luthier, String Instruments User, Guitar, DIY for many fret works.
- FRET FILE - Made of stainless steel, with ergonomic rubber handle for comfortable holding. Size: filing surface is 4 inches in length, rubber handle is 3.2 in length; which is applied to narrow fret crowning after leveling
- FRET ROCKER - Made of stainless steel and has 4 flat and straight edges, which can help your to detect any discrepancy existing in frets height
- FINGERBOARD GUARD with Grinding Stones - Designed to protect your guitar or bass fretboard from scratching or damaging while filing and polishing
- Good Customer Service - If you have anything unclear about these Guitar Clean and Polish Tools Set, welcome to contact us at anytime. Here we commit that we will make the full refund or send a new replacement, if there is any problems with the products you received. Meanwhile, there's no need for you to return the original packing.
- Package includes 1 guitar fret Hammer ,1 guitar fret crowning file, 1 Guitar fret rocker, 2 fingerboard, 2 grinding stones.
- Fret Hammer - Made of stainless steel and rubber.Durable metal tubular,ergonomic design,Rubber wrapped handle, anti-skid and comfortable for use. Sturdy and comfortable hammer to fret fingerboard on stringed instruments (guitars,ukulele,mandolin,bass,etc)
- Fret File - Made of stainless steel and rubber handle. With same filing size on both 2 edges, narrow fret crowning file after leveling. Fit for most fret specification on the markets such as electric guitar, acoustic guitar ,bass, Ukulele etc.
- Fret Rocker & Fingerboard - Made of stainless steel. The Fret rocker has 4 flat and straight edges, which can help your to detect any discrepancy existing in frets height.The fingerboard designed to protect your guitar or bass fretboard from scratching or damaging while filing and polishing
- Grinding Stone and Service - Size: 10 x 1 x 1 cm ; Professional tool for polishing saddle, nut and frets; we offer a lifetime warranty, please contact us if you have any questions, we will replace it.
- Including: 1pcs guitar fret crowning file, 2pcs fingerboard guard,1pcs guitar fret rocker leveling and 2pcs grinding stones
- Fret Crowning File: Made of stainless steel, with ergonomic rubber handle for comfortable holding, convenient to use
- Fingerboard Guard : Designed with grinding stone to protect your guitar or bass fretboard from scratching or damaging while filing and polishing
- Fret Rocker: Made of stainless steel and has 4 flat and straight edges, which can help your to detect any discrepancy existing in frets height
- Easy to Use: Safe way to polish and clean guitar frets, suitable for luthier, string instruments user, guitar, DIY for many fret works
- THE FIRST THING A PLAYER FEELS ARE FRET ENDS - so always shape them with this file. Smooth, non-marring edges glide on the fingerboard while the fine-toothed sides deburr and round the fret.
- FOR ROUNDING, SHAPING, AND DEBURRING - This specialized file dresses the ends of the frets after they've been installed, trimmed flush and beveled.
- IMPROVE PLAYABILITY - Removes snags and burrs to make the neck feel smooth for great playability
- FILE DIMENSIONS - .062" x .125" x 6", with 3" cutting surfaces
- WORKS ON STAINLESS STEEL FRETS TOO! - All of our tools are suitable for use on stainless-steel fretwire, with the exception of our Fret Tang Nippers
Last update on 2020-09-05 / Affiliate links / Product Titles, Images and Descriptions from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top Rated Fret Files Tools to Buy Now
Why You Should Buy Best Fret Files Tools from Amazon
Amazon is not the only store that sell Fret Files Tools. However, there are several compelling reasons why you should buy Fret Files Tools from them, with the suitable Price and Reviews. Here are five:
(1) Amazon Makes Shopping Fret Files Tools Personal
Amazon is very good at making recommendations of Fret Files Tools based on your search history. From time to time, they will even show you discounted prices on Fret Files Tools that you previously expressed an interest in. They also make your shopping experience a little easier by showing you items that you recently viewed.
(2) Amazon Checkout is Easy
Amazon checkout is easy, especially if you already have an account. You can add Fret Files Tools to your cart and go through a multi-step checkout process, or you can buy Fret Files Tools with only one click by using your stored credit card information.
(3) Amazon Has Lots of Social Proof
Before you make a purchase for Fret Files Tools, you want to know that the company you are dealing with is legitimate and that others trust the company enough to make a purchase. You may also like to read what others are saying about the product in the review section. Amazon does all of this quite well.
(4) Amazon Has Great Fret Files Tools Images and Descriptions
In addition to still images, many of Amazon’s Fret Files Tools have videos. This makes it easier for you to see exactly what you are purchasing. Amazon’s Fret Files Tools descriptions are also quite good. In many cases, Amazon repeats the descriptions furnished by the manufacturer. In other cases, they write their own.
(5) The Amazon Site is Easy to Navigate
Navigating the Amazon site is easy. Even though the site is huge, you will not feel overwhelmed when searching for Fret Files Tools. This is partly due to Amazon’s filtering process. You can search for items by brand, price or user rating. You can also search for specific features.
How to Choose the Best Fret Files Tools (with Price and Reviews)
Although most Fret Files Tools are similar, there are several differences worth noting. Here are nine criteria to consider when choosing an Fret Files Tools:
(1) Fret Files Tools Price and Reviews
Although price is not the only factor to consider, it is nevertheless extremely important. The price of an Fret Files Tools should be in line with its value. You can compare Fret Files Tools reviews to make sure you are getting a fair price. This is easy to do on Amazon.
The demand for a particular Fret Files Tools is a good indication of its ability to perform the functions for which it was designed. If a product has been around for a while and still has a high demand, it is likely a good product.
Fret Files Tools materials differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Consider where and how you will be using your Fret Files Tools to determine if one material would be better than another.
Like most products, Fret Files Toolss come in various sizes. Do you need a large Fret Files Toolsor a small one? Think about where you will use your Fret Files Tools in order to determine the best size. You can also read the customer reviews on Amazon to see what others are saying about the size of the unit they purchased.
Fret Files Toolss also come in a variety of colors. Do you need a particular color? You should also consider whether the color of your Fret Files Tools would have any effect on the efficiency of its operation.
The durability of an Fret Files Tools will be contingent on the materials used as well as the quality of the manufacturing process. Additionally, the type of Fret Files Tools you purchase may affect its durability.
Will you need to store your Fret Files Tools? If so, you should consider the size and weight of the Fret Files Toolsto make sure that it can be stored properly. Also, give some consideration to the type of climate in which your Fret Files Tools will be stored.
(8) Customer Ratings
Customer rating is one of the best criteria for choosing an Fret Files Tools. It is hard to know exactly how an Fret Files Tools will perform until you get it home and try it out.
Make sure the Fret Files Tools you are considering is backed by a good manufacturer’s warranty. If it isn’t, you might be better off with another ones.