We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching and comparing Memory Card Types of all specifications to find the best one for any need (or budget). Here are the results.
The Best Memory Card Types of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed
2,266 Reviews Scanned
- Speeds up to 50MB/s for ultra performance
- Ideal combination of reliability, value, and ultra performance
- Great for entry to mid range DSLRs
- Reliability from the brand trusted by pros
- Fast write speeds to reduce lag time between shots
- Shot speeds up to 90MB/s, transfer speeds up to 170MB/s [requires a compatible device capable of reaching such speeds, such as the SanDisk SD UHS I card reader (sold separately)] | Based on internal testing; Performance may be lower depending upon host device, interface, usage conditions and other factors 1MB=1,000,000 bytes; X = 150KB/sec
- Perfect for shooting 4K UHD video(1) and sequential burst mode photography, (1)Full HD (1920x1080) and 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) video support may vary based upon host device, file attributes and other factors. Compatibility - Compatible with microSDHC and microSDXC supporting host devices
- Capture uninterrupted video with UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and video Speed Class 30 (V30)(2) | (2)UHS Speed Class 3 designates a performance option designed to support 4K UHD video recording with enabled UHS host devices; UHS video speed class 30 (V30), sustained video capture rate of 30MB/s, designates a performance option designed to support real time video recording with UHS enabled host devices
- Built for and tested in harsh conditions(3): Temperature Proof, WaterProof, shock Proof, and X ray Proof, (3)Card only
- Lifetime limited manufacturer warranty (30 year warranty in Germany, Canada and regions not recognizing lifetime warranty; See official SanDisk website for more details regarding warranty in our region)
- Ultra fast write speed at up to 1480 MB/s
- Enhanced workflow with extremely high read speed of up to 1700 MB/s
- Tough Specification for challenging environments4
- Media Scan Utility3 monitors the card condition and storage limit
- Memory Card File Rescue available for download3
- Great for compact-to-midrange point-and-shoot digital cameras and camcorders
- Twice As Fast As Ordinary SDHC Cards, Allowing You To Take Pictures And Transfer Files Quickly
- Exceptional video recording performance with Class 10 rating for Full HD video (1080p). Built-in write-protect switch prevents accidental data loss
- Quick transfer speeds up to 80MB/s and Waterproof, temperature-proof, X-ray proof, magnet-proof, shockproof. Compatibility - Compatible with SDHC/SDXC and SDHC-I/SDXC-I devices
- 10-year limited warranty
- Extreme continuous shot-to-shot performance with up to 150MB/s (1000X) write speed
- Extreme transfer speed to move data from the card to computer at up to 160MB/s (1067X) read speed
- Video Performance Guarantee- 65 (VPG-65) specification allowing Full HD video and 4K cinema quality video1 performance with minimum sustained write speed of 65MB/sec
- Writeable label for easy identification and organization
- The Power Core controller's firmware algorithms through wear leveling enhance endurance of card by moving the data efficiently across the memory card
- Exceptional Shot to Shot Performance - Read speeds of up to 120MB/s and write speeds of up to 85MB/s
- Professional-Grade Video Capture - VPG-20 ensures sustained data recording rate of 20MB/s for a smooth and unbroken video stream
- Durable Design - Backed by rigorous stress, shock, and vibration testing and includes RTV silicone coating for protection against shock and vibration
- Warranty - Backed by a lifetime limited warranty
- One Reader for Multi Cards: USB Card Reader is designed with 4 card slots, which allow you to read and transfer data for SDXC/SDHC/SD/Extreme I III SD/Ultra II SD/MMC/RS-MMC or Micro SD/TF/Micro SDXC/Micro SDHC/UHS-I or CF I 3.0/4.0 /Extreme I III CF.
- Super Speed&High Capacity: USB Memory Card Reader support card up to 512G and allows super fast data transfer up to 5Gbps - 10X faster than USB 2.0 (480 Mbps), which allows you to transfer HD movies or files in just seconds.
- Compact Design&Premium Quality: Easy to grab and go. Reinforced cable, Tin-plated pure copper core and multi-shielded inside, sturdy exterior and heat-resistant connectors ensure high data transmission efficiency and ultimate durability.
- Broad Compatibility: Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Mac OS, Linux, Chrome OS and etc. It could read and write mutiple cards at the same time to keep you away from the hassle of constant unplugging and re-plugging.
- One-sec Installation: Plug and Play. No driver needed. Hot swapping and auto detection.
- Read speed up to: 80MB/s, write speed: 15MB/s
- Speed Class 10 for Full HD video recording
- Highly durable: waterproof, shockproof, temperature proof and X-RAY proof, keep all your data in secure
- Broad Compatibility: come with a SD card adapter, suitable for smartphone and tablet, also ideal for digital cameras, PCs, laptop, etc.
- 3-year limited warranty
- Compatible with all major operating systems including DOS/WINDOWS 98/ME/2000/NT/CE, Mac OS, Epoc (PSION), and Linux
- High Performance Controller for demanding applications
- Rugged - withstands up to 2000 G's operating shock
- Low Power Consumption - extends battery life. It's also fully erasable for flexibility.
- Verbatim has been a leader in data storage technology since 1969, and guarantees this product with a lifetime warranty and technical support.
- 133X write speed (21.5 MB per second)
- Low power consumption
Last update on 2020-05-19 / Affiliate links / Product Titles, Images and Descriptions from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top Rated Memory Card Types to Buy Now
Why You Should Buy Best Memory Card Types from Amazon
Amazon is not the only store that sell Memory Card Types. However, there are several compelling reasons why you should buy Memory Card Types from them, with the suitable Price and Reviews. Here are five:
(1) Amazon Makes Shopping Memory Card Types Personal
Amazon is very good at making recommendations of Memory Card Types based on your search history. From time to time, they will even show you discounted prices on Memory Card Types that you previously expressed an interest in. They also make your shopping experience a little easier by showing you items that you recently viewed.
(2) Amazon Checkout is Easy
Amazon checkout is easy, especially if you already have an account. You can add Memory Card Types to your cart and go through a multi-step checkout process, or you can buy Memory Card Types with only one click by using your stored credit card information.
(3) Amazon Has Lots of Social Proof
Before you make a purchase for Memory Card Types, you want to know that the company you are dealing with is legitimate and that others trust the company enough to make a purchase. You may also like to read what others are saying about the product in the review section. Amazon does all of this quite well.
(4) Amazon Has Great Memory Card Types Images and Descriptions
In addition to still images, many of Amazon’s Memory Card Types have videos. This makes it easier for you to see exactly what you are purchasing. Amazon’s Memory Card Types descriptions are also quite good. In many cases, Amazon repeats the descriptions furnished by the manufacturer. In other cases, they write their own.
(5) The Amazon Site is Easy to Navigate
Navigating the Amazon site is easy. Even though the site is huge, you will not feel overwhelmed when searching for Memory Card Types. This is partly due to Amazon’s filtering process. You can search for items by brand, price or user rating. You can also search for specific features.
How to Choose the Best Memory Card Types (with Price and Reviews)
Although most Memory Card Types are similar, there are several differences worth noting. Here are nine criteria to consider when choosing an Memory Card Types:
(1) Memory Card Types Price and Reviews
Although price is not the only factor to consider, it is nevertheless extremely important. The price of an Memory Card Types should be in line with its value. You can compare Memory Card Types reviews to make sure you are getting a fair price. This is easy to do on Amazon.
The demand for a particular Memory Card Types is a good indication of its ability to perform the functions for which it was designed. If a product has been around for a while and still has a high demand, it is likely a good product.
Memory Card Types materials differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Consider where and how you will be using your Memory Card Types to determine if one material would be better than another.
Like most products, Memory Card Typess come in various sizes. Do you need a large Memory Card Typesor a small one? Think about where you will use your Memory Card Types in order to determine the best size. You can also read the customer reviews on Amazon to see what others are saying about the size of the unit they purchased.
Memory Card Typess also come in a variety of colors. Do you need a particular color? You should also consider whether the color of your Memory Card Types would have any effect on the efficiency of its operation.
The durability of an Memory Card Types will be contingent on the materials used as well as the quality of the manufacturing process. Additionally, the type of Memory Card Types you purchase may affect its durability.
Will you need to store your Memory Card Types? If so, you should consider the size and weight of the Memory Card Typesto make sure that it can be stored properly. Also, give some consideration to the type of climate in which your Memory Card Types will be stored.
(8) Customer Ratings
Customer rating is one of the best criteria for choosing an Memory Card Types. It is hard to know exactly how an Memory Card Types will perform until you get it home and try it out.
Make sure the Memory Card Types you are considering is backed by a good manufacturer’s warranty. If it isn’t, you might be better off with another ones.