We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching and comparing Vehicle Diagnostic Tools of all specifications to find the best one for any need (or budget). Here are the results.
The Best Vehicle Diagnostic Tools of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed
2,609 Reviews Scanned
- 😀【Vehicle CEL Doctor】The obd2 scanner can quickly help you read DTCs (engine fault codes), locate bad O2 sensor, access to emissions readiness status, turn off check engine light(CEL) or MIL(Malfunction Indicator Lamp) , reset monitor, read enhanced data and retrieve VIN of your vehicle.
- 😀【Accuracy】Live data in both graph and text forms. Accurately read vehicle error codes for most Worldwide cars, SUVs, light truck and 12V diesels equipped with Obd2. Besides, the car scanner also shows live vehicle sensors data in text and graph format and allows you to focus on any suspicious or symptom-specific data parameters.
- 😀【Worthy to Own】Recommended by Mechanic Scotty Kilmer on Youtube. Supports data logging and Printer compatible. Unique PATENTED design, clearly arranged keypad, 2.8" wide color screen with Life-Time Free software update and 1 year quality assurance, it deserves to own. Supported by EXCLUSIVE engineer and service team for product and service quality. (Please note currently the package does not include a CD. )
- 😀【Smog Check Helper】Read/Erase and I/M readiness hot keys make it easy to use this car computer reader right out of the package. Red-Yellow-Green Leds and build-in speaker indicate the readiness status for smog test. The obdii scan tool also help catch intermittent problems and confirm repairs during a drive cycle, so that help you quickly determine the health of the car.
- 😀【Home Necessity】NT301 car scanner is open to global customers. No battery required, it is charged directly from the OBDII interface in your vehicle (please turn your vehicle ignition on), making it convenient for Home and Autoshop Mechanics. It is recommended as a necessity in your toolbox and one of the best gifts for father. (Quick Start Guide is included in the package.)
- Read and clear your Check Engine Light and all other vehicle systems. Get your unlimited free vehicle specific Repair Reports, generated from our database of millions of fixes verified by Professional Automotive Technicians
- As easy to use as a code reader with all the capabilities of an expensive handheld scan tool, plus the benefits of your smartphone or tablet (free app updates, portability, saving data, interactive graphing of live data)
- Officially licensed and certified for Apple and Android devices
- The BlueDriver App and BlueDriver Sensor work exclusively with each other to ensure quality
- BlueDriver is the Professional OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool trusted by mechanics and developed by Professional Engineers in North America
- Classic design, fast scan and clear trouble codes, even a beginner can use this unit to read the error code, find out what the problem is and perhaps fix it. Save money and time.
- Works on MOST 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and Asian cars, and newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles. Supports English, German, French, Spanish, Finnish, Dutch, Russian and Portuguese.
- Easily determines the cause of the check engine light. I/M monitor readiness test, turn off the MIL (check engine light) as well as view freeze frame data. Read hard (memory) / pending (intermittent) and historic codes and show definitions.
- The AD310 scanner is well built with a large LCD display (128 x 64 pixel) that has white backlight and contrast adjustment, indicates test results directly. No need any Batteries or Charger, gets the power directly from the OBDII Data Link Connector in your vehicle.
- It's equipped with a 2. 5 feet long cable and made of a very thick flexible insulator. There are 4 buttons on AD310. The Up and Down button for scrolling the menu, the Enter and Exit button allow for navigation back and entering menu.
- TURN OFF CHECK ENGINE LIGHT: MS300 check engine code reader can read, clear generic, manufacturer-specific and pending codes. It enables you to figure out why CEL is on like a pro and turn off check engine light instantly after proper repair.
- MECHANIC APPROVED: MS300 OBD2 scanner works with most OBDII compliant(OBD2 protocols: KWP2000, ISO2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM, and CAN) sedans, SUVs and light trucks post-1996 for US cars, post-2000 for EU-based and Asian cars.
- DIAGNOSE IN SECONDS: MS300 auto code reader features easy to use 2 button design to read, clear DTCs to help home mechanics locate car problems fast. With an intuitive interface and easy-to-read backlit screen, this diagnostic code reader is easy to use.
- SMOG CHECK: MS300 car code reader retrieves I/M Readiness status to check emission-related systems like misfire monitor, fuel system monitor, comprehensive components monitor, O2 sensors, EVAP to help your vehicle ready pass the annual smog check.
- NO BATTERY NEEDED: MS300 OBDII scan tool communicates with vehicles through standard 16-PIN OBD2 cable and it’s powered by vehicle directly- no battery needed. Please follow the correct usage order: Engine off- Plug MS300 in- Turn Ignition On.
- Universal Compatibility: Applicable to MOST US-based cars (made in 1996 or later), EU-based cars (made in 2001 or later), Asian cars (made in 2008 or later), and all OBD II/EOBD/CAN-compliant vehicles.
- Smog Check: Clearly shows whether the emission-related systems are operating properly or ready for inspection and maintenance testing; turns off check engine light and resets monitors; views freeze frame data, read live PCM data stream, EVAP system test data, On-Board Monitor test data and display live O2 sensor test data.
- Shows the code and what the code means directly. Able to retrieve generic (PO P2 P3 and UO) manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes and pending codes, and vehicle information (VIN, CID and CVN). And can store the data you have viewed (DTCs, freeze Frame, live data, etc).
- Supports all OBDII protocols, including ISO9141, KWP2000, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW and CAN (Controller Area Network).
- No battery needed, just plug it into the OBDII port and start diagnosis. Features a 2.5-foot flexible plug and a 7-button panel. Supports DTC look-up, and software upgrade. Supports multi-language display (English, German, Spanish, Dutch, Russian).
- Powerful Check Engine Light Diagnostics — Read and diagnose your check engine light, understand the severity of the issue, and clear that pesky light from your vehicle. FIXD translates your vehicle into simple English, empowering you to make the easy fix in many cases & saving you precious time. FIXD also saves you money by providing you with estimated repair costs up-front, allowing you to feel more confident during those trips to the mechanic
- The Trusted Choice — FIXD is the professional choice proudly designed in the USA by Professional Engineers and ASE Certified Mechanics. Get unlimited access to over 10,000 DTCs. With the App, you’ll have freeze frame data, live diagnostic data, and proactive vehicle maintenance reminders at your fingertips. All the capabilities of an expensive Scan Tool at a fraction of the cost
- Easy & Intuitive — The powerful FIXD OBD-II Diagnostic Sensor and the professionally designed FIXD App are the perfect pair. The FIXD Code Reader is light & compact, remaining out-of-sight during your drive. The FIXD Sensor connects to the FIXD App via Bluetooth in seconds, providing you with a suite of resources easy enough for anyone to use
- We've Got You Covered — The FIXD OBD 2 Scan Tool is compatible with all gas-powered vehicles made after 1996 (no all-electric or diesel) and works with all vehicle protocols. Works with iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Go further with FIXD Premium— Upgrade your in-app experience with: Cost and repair estimates from the Identifix database, Unlimited calls to our FIXD Mechanic Hotline for a trusted second opinion and DIY help from our network of ASE certified mechanics, And much more! FIXD Premium is a monthly subscription that is optional and is not required for use of the sensor
- FULL OBD SERVICE MODES SUPPORTED: Locate bad O2 sensor, turn off check engine light, reset monitor, view freeze frame data. The obd2 scanner can quickly read and erase DTC (engine fault codes). Access to emissions readiness status, on-screen DTC definitions, built-in DTC look up library, allow you accurately determine causes of the check engine light, and turn off the MIL(Malfunction Indicator Lamp).advanced On-Board monitoring test and retrieves vehicle information (VIN).
- ACCURATE BATTERY CHECK: Gather real time battery voltage, analyze information automatically in no time and display results in graph, instead of a direct result on the screen that an ordinary code reader does, which will ensure that you can access and analyze the accurate live data and determine the battery's health status or expected remaining life. Make you know your battery status in advance.
- FAULT CODE DEFINITION: The enhanced fault code definition function helps you fully understand the meaning of the code without any hassle which an ordinary code reader can't do. Pressing the "i" button will give you accurate repair advice instead of a bunch of technical terms you don't understand. It saves you the trips to a mechanic, lets you decide whether it's something you can fix or need more advanced help, save money and time. Printing fault codes with code definitions are also available.
- STRONG COMPATIBILITY: This Engine Code Reader is compatible with most vehicles sold in the USA with model year of 1996 or newer, the Europeans Manufactured after 2000 and the classical Asian cars made after 2006; Supports ALL OBD II protocols: KWP2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW,J1850 PWM and CAN (controller Area Network).16 languages available so that no matter where are you from, it always helps you.
- WORTHY TO OWN: Equipped with a 2.8-inch TFT true color screen, upgraded to a more advanced STM 32-bit CPU which has the specialty of high speed, and steady performance compared to its competitors. Lifetime free software updates to fix the latest bugs or add new parameters. Directly download the software from the AUTOPHIX official website, then follow on-screen instructions to install.
- ★【2020 NEWEST, 25 SERVICES】As an ENTRY-LEVEL Autel diagnostic scan tool, MK808BT can perform basic service/hot functions like Oil Reset, EPB Reset, SAS Reset, DPF, BMS, ABS Bleed, Injector, Throttle and etc. on specific cars. NOTE: 25 Service Functions do NOT work on all vehicles. Please send VIN number to email@example.com to check compatibility. NOTE: MK808BT is NOT Bi-Directional. MK808BT/MK808 does NOT perform TPMS services. IMMO Key function work on low-immo grade vehicles ONLY.
- ★【FULL SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS】 Autel MK808BT automotive diagnostic tablet can access and scan all available systems on 80+ US, European, Asian makes and models to read and clear codes, view live data and ECU information. It works on vehicles up to 2018, 2019 and some up to 2020. Please send VIN number to firstname.lastname@example.org to check compatibility before purchase. NOTE: MK808BT is NOT bi-directional and can not perform active tests.
- ★【WIRELESS + LINED CONNECTION】 Autel MaxiCOM MK808BT professional scan tool is an upgraded version of Autel MK808/MX808. It comes with both wireless VCI connection and lined connection via the USB cable included. MK808BT enables you to access and diagnose various vehicles wirelssly with a working range up to 33ft(10m), no more short cables.
- ★【AUTO VIN + AUTO SCAN】Autel MK808BT automotive diagnostic scanner features latest VIN-based Auto VIN technology that can identify vehicle make, model and year information to shorten vehicle navigation process. NOTE: Auto VIN feature does NOT work on all vehicles. You can always navigate your vehicle manually to perform diagnostics/services. Auto Scan feature can perform comprehensive scan over all available systems at a single touch.
- ★【1 YEAR FREE UPDATES/1 YEAR WARRANTY】 Your purchase with us has 0% risk! MK808BT is backed by NEW REPLACEMENT or FULL REFUND policy within 30 Days of purchase. And it comes with 1 YEAR FREE software updates and 1 Year warranty. You can still use the last update software when it expires. For any issues, please contact us directly via email@example.com for satisfaction-guaranteed support!
- [ENHANCED 4 SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS] - Not only diagnose the engine system but also performs full detection on vehicle's other 3 main ECU systems (Transmission, ABS, Airbag(SRS)). Reads & erases fault codes, turns off warning lights, and reads live PCM datastream on these 4 systems.
- [FULL OBDII DIAGNOSIS] - Read/clear error codes, DTC look-up, do smog tests including I/M readiness, O2 sensor test, etc. will keep your mind from worrying about whether the data about emission exceeds the standard values. It also reads freeze frame data, does EVAP system test, retrieves vehicle info, and more.
- [ADVANCED DATASTREAM GRAPH] - Reads and displays live data stream in one graph for the 4 systems (Engine, AT, ABS, SRS), allows you to add 4 parameters in the meantime to show the live data, which is intended to help you quickly find potential problems of the vehicle.
- [WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE] - Compatible with over 46 vehicle makers for a complete car diagnosis. Works on most from 1996 US-based, 2002 EU-based, 2005 Asian-based or newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles. Supports English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Italian, Polish, and Portuguese.
- [USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN] - Equipped with an intuitive interface, 4-inch TFT color backlit large screen, 2 cutouts in the back for holding easily, strong rugged anti-slip rubber housing. Supports lifetime free update and print online via an update software tool downloaded from ANCEL website.
- TURN OFF CHECK ENGINE LIGHT: Autel MS309 OBDII scanner is an easy-to-use plug-n-play check engine code reader that read and clear codes. This little code scanner retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3, and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes, and pending codes and displays DTC definitions on the TFT color screen. It can check engine related fault codes, easily find out what caused the check engine light comes on, turn off MIL light(Malfunction Indicator Light).
- FREEZE FRAME DATA FOR ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS: This MS309 check engine code reader comes with viewing freeze frame function that enables you to retrieve data recorded in the ECU of the condition under which the fault occurs to figure out why the check engine light is on and cut down test drive cycle verification time. It includes important engine parameters such as RPM, vehicle speed, mass airflow, engine load, fuel pressure, short/long term fuel trim, engine coolant temperature and etc.
- READINESS STATUS TO PASS SMOG CHECK: The Autel MS309 car diagnostic scanner tool comes with I/M Readiness function to check the operations of the Emission System on OBD2 compliant vehicles. It includes vehicle-specific number of monitors like misfire monitor, fuel system monitor, comprehensive components monitor, O2 sensors, EVAP system and etc, making this OBD2 scan tool an excellent scan tool to help get your vehicle ready to pass the annual smog check.
- UNMATCHED COMPATIBILITY: Autel MS309 compact pocket code reader supports all OBD2 protocols: KWP2000, ISO2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN. This OBD2 code scanner is compatible with all OBDII-Compliant vehicles, passenger cars or light trucks, post 1996 in US, post 2000 for EU-based and Asian cars.
- RETRIEVE VEHICLE INFO: The Autel MS309 automotive OBD2 scanner enables retrieval of the Vehicle Identification No. (VIN), Calibration ID(s), Calibration Verification Nos. (CVNs). This function is most useful to check whether the ECU matches your car when you are buying a used car. The MS309 auto car scanner comes with LIFETIME FREE software updates and is backed by 45 Day Money Back and 12 Months US Seller . Purchase now and go fix something!
Last update on 2020-11-29 / Affiliate links / Product Titles, Images and Descriptions from Amazon Product Advertising API
Top Rated Vehicle Diagnostic Tools to Buy Now
Why You Should Buy Best Vehicle Diagnostic Tools from Amazon
Amazon is not the only store that sell Vehicle Diagnostic Tools. However, there are several compelling reasons why you should buy Vehicle Diagnostic Tools from them, with the suitable Price and Reviews. Here are five:
(1) Amazon Makes Shopping Vehicle Diagnostic Tools Personal
Amazon is very good at making recommendations of Vehicle Diagnostic Tools based on your search history. From time to time, they will even show you discounted prices on Vehicle Diagnostic Tools that you previously expressed an interest in. They also make your shopping experience a little easier by showing you items that you recently viewed.
(2) Amazon Checkout is Easy
Amazon checkout is easy, especially if you already have an account. You can add Vehicle Diagnostic Tools to your cart and go through a multi-step checkout process, or you can buy Vehicle Diagnostic Tools with only one click by using your stored credit card information.
(3) Amazon Has Lots of Social Proof
Before you make a purchase for Vehicle Diagnostic Tools, you want to know that the company you are dealing with is legitimate and that others trust the company enough to make a purchase. You may also like to read what others are saying about the product in the review section. Amazon does all of this quite well.
(4) Amazon Has Great Vehicle Diagnostic Tools Images and Descriptions
In addition to still images, many of Amazon’s Vehicle Diagnostic Tools have videos. This makes it easier for you to see exactly what you are purchasing. Amazon’s Vehicle Diagnostic Tools descriptions are also quite good. In many cases, Amazon repeats the descriptions furnished by the manufacturer. In other cases, they write their own.
(5) The Amazon Site is Easy to Navigate
Navigating the Amazon site is easy. Even though the site is huge, you will not feel overwhelmed when searching for Vehicle Diagnostic Tools. This is partly due to Amazon’s filtering process. You can search for items by brand, price or user rating. You can also search for specific features.
How to Choose the Best Vehicle Diagnostic Tools (with Price and Reviews)
Although most Vehicle Diagnostic Tools are similar, there are several differences worth noting. Here are nine criteria to consider when choosing an Vehicle Diagnostic Tools:
(1) Vehicle Diagnostic Tools Price and Reviews
Although price is not the only factor to consider, it is nevertheless extremely important. The price of an Vehicle Diagnostic Tools should be in line with its value. You can compare Vehicle Diagnostic Tools reviews to make sure you are getting a fair price. This is easy to do on Amazon.
The demand for a particular Vehicle Diagnostic Tools is a good indication of its ability to perform the functions for which it was designed. If a product has been around for a while and still has a high demand, it is likely a good product.
Vehicle Diagnostic Tools materials differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Consider where and how you will be using your Vehicle Diagnostic Tools to determine if one material would be better than another.
Like most products, Vehicle Diagnostic Toolss come in various sizes. Do you need a large Vehicle Diagnostic Toolsor a small one? Think about where you will use your Vehicle Diagnostic Tools in order to determine the best size. You can also read the customer reviews on Amazon to see what others are saying about the size of the unit they purchased.
Vehicle Diagnostic Toolss also come in a variety of colors. Do you need a particular color? You should also consider whether the color of your Vehicle Diagnostic Tools would have any effect on the efficiency of its operation.
The durability of an Vehicle Diagnostic Tools will be contingent on the materials used as well as the quality of the manufacturing process. Additionally, the type of Vehicle Diagnostic Tools you purchase may affect its durability.
Will you need to store your Vehicle Diagnostic Tools? If so, you should consider the size and weight of the Vehicle Diagnostic Toolsto make sure that it can be stored properly. Also, give some consideration to the type of climate in which your Vehicle Diagnostic Tools will be stored.
(8) Customer Ratings
Customer rating is one of the best criteria for choosing an Vehicle Diagnostic Tools. It is hard to know exactly how an Vehicle Diagnostic Tools will perform until you get it home and try it out.
Make sure the Vehicle Diagnostic Tools you are considering is backed by a good manufacturer’s warranty. If it isn’t, you might be better off with another ones.